Helloooo?  Anyone Still Out There?

Tuesday, November 29th, 2005 • 6 Comments on Helloooo?  Anyone Still Out There?

My blog is s l o w l y fading away as more and more times goes between my musings.  I promise to have more to say in December, once term papers and final exams are behind me.  I feel as if I have quite a lot to say—many, many words bubbling and percolating in my brain, just waiting to be put down.  So, I shall be back soon.  Within the week, even.  I promised, remember?

Until then… a question for you to ponder:  What is the difference between being content and being complacent?  Thoughts, anyone?

Oh, and thanks for all the comments—both here, in e-mail and in person—about my story at Clean Sheets.  Glad you enjoyed it.

• Anonymous says:

I think you have to be a little more specific about your meaning of complacency, as it relates to this question. The short answer may be Happiness, but it may not apply to your thoughts.

• ric says:

Still here smile  – write on.

• Holly Lisle says:

Being content—experiencing satisfaction with the state of one’s life.

Being complacent—assuming that your contentment will last.

😀

• Anonymous says:

Thank you.
      Then I think happiness still applies, understanding that complacency, as you desribe it, may include waves and periods of disappointment and uncertainty. If it didn’t then you would be describing a form of utopia that doesn’t exist. Of course, that’s what makes those periods of contentment so much more special and meaningful. If you can accept those periods and find ways to not let them control your life, then you’ll answer your own question without even knowing you did. Have fun.

• Anonymous says:

Contenment is better than complacency, but it’s still not true happiness.

• Karina says:

Still here. grin  Looking forward to hearing more from you in December!