Wednesday, May 30th, 2007 • 2 Comments on Meme Time
Snagged from Jennifer, just because it’s been too long since I did one of these things.
1. I’ve come to realize that my last kiss… won’t be my last kiss.
2. I am listening to… the air conditioner, the cats and dog doing cat and dog things, Jay snoring. Or is that the cat?
3. I talk… to my pets. Serious, meaningful conversations. Please don’t tell anyone.
4. I want… to be happy. It would also be nice to sell a few books along the way.
5. My best friend(s)… don’t realize how much I’m going to need them later this year. Circle the wagons, cowboys.
6. (Where’s 6?) Six was mistaken for Sex and has been censored by the Bush administration.
7. The weather is… warm… no… hot. Summer is here and the livin’ is easy.
8. I hate it when people… carry on loud conversations on their cell phones in public (especially when I’m trying to write). Also… learn how to put your phone on VIBRATE. Please. I do not want to hear two minutes of “Yankee Doodle Dandy” because you cannot find your phone in that suitcase you call a purse. Thank you.
9. Love is… a many splendored thing. With thorns. And a helmet. And a wicked case of poison ivy. Wooo… I love love!
10. Marriage is… funny strange and funny ha-ha. It’s also one of the better ways to avoid having friends set you up on blind dates with their cousins. Marriage rocks.
11. Somewhere, someone is thinking… “I wonder if she’s on medication?” I’ll never tell…
12. I’ll always… love you… in the Dolly Parton way, not the Whitney Houston way. I will also always rescue animals, and sometimes people, as needed.
13. I have a secret crush on… my favorite literature professor… the girl who makes my black and white mochas… the last person who told me my writing was brilliant… Oh hell, I’ve got a crush on you, sweetie pie.
14. The last time I cried was… Sunday. I was sad.
15. My cell phone is… always, always on vibrate in public. And also in private, ‘cause that’s the way I roll.
16. When I wake up in the morning… I do not want to be bothered. Unfortunately, I am bothered by: Jay’s alarm clock, Annabelle wanting to be picked up and put on the bed and a reneagde woodpecker who thinks my house is a tree.
17. Before I go to bed… I check my e-mail. I love e-mail. E-mail me, won’t you?
18. Right now I am thinking about… how long it’s going to take me to fall asleep. I’m not at all sleepy, but it’s after midnight and I really should think about going to sleep. That woodpecker starts working early.
19. Babies are… on my mind a lot lately.
20. I go on MySpace… once every couple of days to see who wants to be my friend. A surprising number of people seem to think I’m friend-worthy. Weird.
21. Today I… slapped a man for calling me ma’am. No, that’s a lie. Today I wrote for a few hours, which felt good.
22. Tonight I… had a grilled burger, courtesy of Jay’s mad grilling skills, did some stuff on the computer (nothing naughty) and watched
because I didn’t feel like watching anything I’ve TiVo’d.
23. Tomorrow I… will get up earlier than I would like, do some chores around the house, go somewhere and write for a few hours and have dinner with a friend from school whom I haven’t seen since November.
24. I really want to… be invisible. Read people’s minds. Teleport. Save the world. Find homes for all the puppies and kittens. Learn to hula. Laugh in the face of failure and rejection. Slay my demons. Adopt a goat. Failing those things, I really want to find balance and peace in all areas of my life.
25. Someone who will most likely repost this? Maybe Suzanne?