Tuesday, June 26th, 2007 • 2 Comments on I’ve Been Tagged
I’m not a big meme fan, but occasionally one tickles my fancy. In this case, Susie Bright tagged Chelsea Girl, who tagged Alana, who tagged me. Susie started out by posting eight true things about herself, Chelsea Girl switched it up to seven lies and one true thing and Alana flipped it around to seven true things and one lie. Since I make up lies for a living, I’ll revert to Susie’s rules and give you eight true things about me, ‘cause I know you’re all dying to know more about me. Ha.
So, here we go…
Here are the original rules of the meme:
We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
—Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
—People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
—At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
—Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog..
1. I sleep with my teddy bear and take him on every trip. I wish I could say he’s my childhood teddy bear, but I got him when I was sixteen. I guess that’s still technically childhood, even if it is a little embarrassing.
2. Despite being a mostly straight A student throughout elementary school, not to mention an excellent speller, I misspelled February until I was in sixth grade. I was shocked to learn there were two R’s and had until that point been spelling in Febuary. I still have to catch myself sometimes.
3. I have had my primary e-mail address since I discovered e-mail (somewhat after I discovered the internet) in January 1994. It’s the main reason I keep AOL.
4. Because I was an advanced reader (despite my issues with February), I started reading adult books at a relatively young age. I discovered such exotic words as fellatio, cunnilingus, clitoris and frenulum, which I would promptly look up in the dictionary. I loved my dictionary.
5. In the first grade, I took wicked delight in telling Mundy Lee Gallagher that her mother was a liar and that Santa Claus didn’t exist. Of course, I know better now.
6. During my time working in photo labs in south Florida, I developed many, many nekkid pictures, including all kinds of sexual activities and every possible sexual position. My all-time favorite picture was of a yellow parakeet perched on a man’s erect penis. It still makes me giggle to think about it (but it’s gotta hurt, right guys?).
7. I think I only have two irrational fears: that a low-flying plane will crash into my house and that I will find a dead body in a public bathroom stall. I have no idea where either of those fears originated, hence the “irrational” part.
8. I often confuse the colors orange and green. In other words, I will see green, but say “orange,” though rarely the reverse. It doesn’t happen with other colors and I don’t know why it happens with orange and green.
Who to tag? Who to tag? Oh, I think I’ll leave it up to y’all to tag yourselves. Feel free to meme the night away…
Thanks, Alana. I don’t think I’m nearly as interesting as you (and I know which one of your eight is false, since we’re the same age!), but it was fun!