Brain Drain and Baby Names

Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 • 6 Comments on Brain Drain and Baby Names

I am waist-deep in grading Mythology midterms, Hero’s Journey charts and journals (okay, the journals are actually at home waiting to be graded because they are freakin’ heavy) and my brain is feeling fried, so I’m taking a little blogging break.  I was going to take a break from the grading to finish my screenwriting assignment that’s due Tuesday (story structure—I’m analyzing the Juno script), but blogging is more… uh… fun?  Waste of time?  Decadent?  Something.

I seriously think I’m going to have to name a future child Starbuck.  Jennifer has Odysseus, why can’t I have Starbuck?  Or Mocha?  Venti, even.  It’s crazy how much time I spend in a coffee shop (for someone who doesn’t work in one).  I actually said the other day, “I work at Starbucks.”  I meant I work at Starbucks on my laptop in the corner until they close or I fall asleep, but that’s a mouthful to say.  Of course, there are at least two literary Starbucks, so I wouldn’t necessarily be selling out to the corporate coffee craze.  Unless, of course, I named my child Starbuck Venti Mocha Wright.  Catchy, huh?

Okay, back to script analysis… Diablo has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?  Diablo Cody Wright?  Nahh…

• Jennifer says:

smile

Your name is making me smile. Venti, does have a nice ring. wink Or ya could just go for Star or Buck.

• Okay, I’m SO glad I’m not the only who spends the majority of their day in Starbucks. It really is my office…the rent’s low, the tables are big, and if I listen carefully, I can overhear great story ideas. Now if they’d just ask me to their office Christmas party…

Best, s.

• JT says:

I’ve always thought the name Diablo Cody rocked.  Well, since I heard it.  Plus, it’s a much better stripper name than Candy or Bambi.

• JMH says:

If my first name was Devil, I might feel compelled to behave in accordance with my name.

• baby names says:

Not so sure naming your baby starbuck is such a good idea! My addiction for buying new shoes means I might have to name my baby Shoefayre. Wouldnt that be creul!

• Susana says:

Oh my!!!
    Makes me so envy when you say that you work writing on a Starbucks!