Just a Quick Update

Friday, June 5th, 2009 • 9 Comments on Just a Quick Update

Just wanted to check in and let you know I’m still alive.  Yes, you.  I know you were worried about me.  Thanks for caring.

So, to recap what’s been going on in my life since I last blogged…

My computer had a minor crash that was fixable, but the fix was flubbed by my installing an older operating system than the one that I had been running. My fault, Apple’s fault, my nearly five-year old computer’s fault.  Fixed now, but I’m coveting a new MacBook Pro.

After much back-and-forthing with the Navy, Jay is coming home tomorrow!!  He is flying home from Panama City (the country, not Florida) and will be home tomorrow night.  Fingers crossed that he’s home for the rest of the year.

Henry had his sutures removed on his head and now just has a funky haircut and a icky looking scab.  He also has another similar mass in a much less easy-to-remove place.  We’re doing the watch and wait thing.  Sigh.

I have some most excellent writing news—I just signed the contract to edit my first anthology for Cleis Press!  I am thrilled with this new project and will be posting a call for submissions in the next few days.

Good grief, it feels like I have a bunch more news to share, but my brain is fried from slogging through and prioritizing e-mail.  Plus, I have so much writing to do I don’t even know where to start.  So, that will have to do for now.

It’s been busy around here.  What’s new in your world?

• Welcome back to your blog! :  ) So glad about all the good news, and I hope poor Henry gets the “all clear” soon.

Can’t wait to hear more about your anthology! Congratulations!!

• Erobintica says:

Well hellllooo! Nice to see you back. Hey, drop in on the Spicy Summer Sunday tour – both Craig and Jeremy there are cooking for us as well! Congrats on the Cleis deal and pretty exciting about Jay’s homecoming.

• Wow, Kristina, that’s so awesome about the Cleis anthology! God that must be such a thrill, to do something like that. And it’s nice to see you back!

• Long time no hear, Kristina.

Glad all is well, and congrats on Jay coming home and on the Cleis gig.

Been plenty busy myself with the struggles at the nine-to-five, but the good news is that there still is a nine-to-five job…  I’m getting a lot of writing done too, so it’s all good.

Craig—so glad you’re getting a lot of writing done!  Wish I could say the same.  The last month or so has been topsy-turvy around here.  (That’s a post for next week!)  Things are starting to even out again, though. wink  Keep writing!

Hi Jeremy!  Henry says thank you.  He’s a tough little guy. smile

Hope you’ll weave your magic into a fairy tale for me!

Erobintica—Thanks and I will definitely stop by!  I love men who can cook. wink  (Alas, the hubby is helpless unless it’s something that can be grilled—but I do love me some summer barbecue!)

Charlotte—Thanks! I am delighted to be editing an anthology for Cleis Press!  I think it’s going to be a fabulous collection—hope you’ll submit one of your naughty confections! wink

• Emerald says:

Congratulations on all the lovely news Kristina!

As a side note, I find it funny how many erotica writers I know of that seem to have Macs.  smile  It almost makes us seem like a non-minority in this community, lol.  Anyway, I believe I made that same mistake or at least a similar one one time.  :/  Haven’t had a crash in while, but thanks for the reminder to perform a thorough backup.

Anyway, lovely to hear from you, wishing health to Henry, and virtual hugs.  Welcome back to Jay too!  Take care!