Sunday, September 26th, 2010 • 5 Comments on Whirlwind Autumn
October is looming and I can’t believe how much I have going on, plus the way I keep agreeing to even more stuff. So far the list looks like this:
- Dream Lover is due October 1
- Jay’s CO’s farewell dinner, October 4
- 20th wedding anniversary, October 7 (day trip to Williamsburg, most likely)
- Possibly an anniversary brunch or gathering sometime the weekend of October 8-9
- Solo trip to Portland, OR around October 14-17 (still need to make travel plans)
- Definitely two readings in Portland, probably one reading in Lincoln City
- Family trip to Chicago, mid-October to hang with best friend & gang (still need to make travel plans)
- Much to do in Chicago (plus maybe schedule a reading?)
- Freelance editing gig, due November 1
- Several writing deadlines between October 15 & November 1
- Need to pitch next anthology idea (or two)—need to brainstorm those ideas!
- Fall goodness—decorating and pumpkin buying and nesting, whee!
- Halloween—baby’s first!
It doesn’t seem like that much and two years ago it wouldn’t have phased me. (Last October, I was in the hugely-pregnant-totally-exhausted stage.) But this year? Whew. Having an active little baby to factor in to all plans makes everything seem a bit more… complicated. It’ll all work out and I’m looking forward to most of it, but boy will I be tired by the end of the month!
Luckily, things will slow down in Novem…er… next year?